2008년 11월 9일 일요일

Theme for English B by Lanston Hughes




I TPCASTT-ed the poem “Theme for English B” by Langston Hughes, which is one of my favorite poems. Langston Hughes talks through a protagonist that he’d created in his poem who speaks in powerful voice about racial issues that had been rooted in the society during the time he was writing. Through his simple writing style that sets off the poem more powerful and influential to the readers, Langston Hughes addresses his race’s ignorance and tries to bring changes by showing what he had writing for his English class taught by a white instructor. His compelling words and his powerful delineation of his experience brings about emotions of the readers. I read the poem out loud before and after I had done the TPCASTT. I was able to understand the poem more profoundly, especially when I saw different literary devices used in many colors. As in the poem “Theme for English B,” truth lies in every man’s heart, not only in the hearts of specific race.

댓글 없음: